Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sorry Mr. Sendak

When I was little, I got a copy of the Nutshell Library. I read it over and over, and really liked the Chicken Soup with Rice book. When my first was born, we started playing the "Really Rosie" songs and all four books really came to life. One which stuck with me was "A Alligators all Around."

Now, I'm older and have found need to update the list. True, it doesn't scan and I can't fit it into the tune, but here it is. Note -- this is not about me, but is simply a word game updating an old favorite.

A alcoholics all around
B Buzzed with bourbon
C Chugging Cardhu
D Drinking Dalwhinnie
E Even tried Everclear
F Frozen Daiquiris
G Gulping Gin
H Heaving Hangovers
I Imbibing India Pale Ale
J Just one Julep
K Keep pouring Kronenbourg
L Lapping Lagavulin
M More malt liquor
N Nipping Napoleon Brandy
O Ordering Oatmeal Stout
P Puking up Peppermint Schnapps
Q Quaffing Quarts of Ale
R Rustling up Rum
S Sadly Sober
T Tossing back Tequila
U Usually under the influence
V Voluminous Vermouth
W wetting the whistle
X Dos Equis vs. Molson XXX
Y Yakkety Yakking
Z Zima then ZZZZ

Please read responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.