Monday, July 26, 2021

My Life as a Spondee

 

(an ode to gabapentin)

 

 

Always

Sick to my

Stomach

My world is

Spinning

And I’m not

Grinning.

This isn’t

Funny

Constantly

Dizzy

This doesn’t

Make sense

No frame of

Reference

Lightheaded and

Nauseous

My steps are

Slipping

Seem to be

Falling

The floor is

Calling.

My foot falls are

Heavy

Every move is

Unsure

Haven’t been

Drinking

All muddled

Thinking

brain feeling

fuzzy

not able to

see straight

everything

unclear

not sure I'm

all here

The world is on

delay

And I have to

hold tight

My vision is

Blurry

Too spaced out to

Worry

Don't know if I'm

Tired

Can't figure my

Feelings

I can barely

see straight

No one who can

relate

16 hours and

counting

Just wishing I'd

come down

been feeling this

for days

I'm feeling this

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.