Sunday, September 19, 2010

A TV show idea

All you TV execs, listen up. This is the idea of a lifetime, and I don't mean Lifetime TV because no one meets a mysterious stranger. If you want to start a TV show which is a guaranteed hit, this is it.

Broadcast a football game, but instead of having proper sports commentators, have 3 or 4 regular guys watch the game and let the viewers watch the game with them. While they should make sure to punctuate their comments with actual play by play and explanation of stuff but wouldn't it be great if you could watch "along with" some guys who are regular people. Let them make small talk. Let them eat food and talk about their jobs and families. Let them drink beer and burp and enjoy the emotional roller coaster that is football. Let them get angry and overjoyed when it is called for. Enough of the sterile professionals -- let's turn football watching into a reality show. You want story arcs? Any guy has, over the course of a season, enough mini crises and dramas that viewers can empathize with. Make football watching real.

That's my idea. I think it is brilliant. If you don't you are clearly wrong. If I see this idea transformed into a TV show, I will sue everybody until someone admits publicly that it was my idea and gives me something other than angina. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.