Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Government to be

I'm blogging this from inside the town council meeting. I'm actually sitting in the belly of the beast. This is it. This is where the magic happens. Decisions which affect my life - which really matter - are hotly debated with the full power of the Constitution in play. I'm here to hear about a Board's decision. Others are here to have their say about the town's goings on. It is electric in here.

Actually it is dreadfully boring. We have been sitting listening to someone sit and show a Power Point about proposed construction on the building I'm sitting in. Coming up are votes on resolutions to refund over paid taxes and to appoint people to other Boards. There will be a discussion of a raffle, a listing of bills paid and introduction of ordinances. I don't expect any of it to be as exciting as it sounds.

But meanwhile, there is still a subdued discussion over the square footage of the closets in the caucus room. This is why it is so horrible if governments shut down. Important stuff doesn't get done.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.