Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm offline

A strange thing happened recently. My incessant complaints to Verizon about my DSL suddenly bore fruit. I guess writing long and angry emails to every VP I could find finally got someone's attention. I have had executive tech people call me, field reps visit my house and a new modem shipped to me. And the bottom line is that to prove their effectiveness, they have cut off my DSL service.

Now I'm not saying that they did this maliciously, but to have a tech come out eithout my making an appointment and tell me that wiring had to be changed at the central office and my internet would be back up in an hour and then he apparently never submitted the work ticket so the work isn't being done...is that suspicious?

Anyway, without the web to keep me busy (I'm writing this on the BBerry) I have rediscovered life. I took a nap on the outside swing. I have read 2 novels in 2 days. I took a walk and had a nice salad in a cafe with the wife. Are we really all so addicted that our circadian rhythms are in sync with the blinking lights on our modems?

I don't know but I have to make sure not to antagonize the good people at RIM.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry


edit -- after a bunch more calls and the loss of all phone service, things seem to have gotten straightened out. An entire underground cable had to be replaced and a small wire next to my house had come undone. So I am, for the moment, back in service. Here's to complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.