There have been good days and bad, and they are often the same day.
But one month in to my aliyah journey, I can confidently say, "what the hell?"
Last week, a family knocked on my door because they thought my apartment still housed their dentist. It doesn't. My knowledge of teeth is limited to my own, and even those are mostly strangers to me. But the people seemed nice I guess. I wish I had lollipops to give them.
Yesterday, a guy knocked on my door to tell me that my AC is dripping so he wanted to add some tubing to channel the water away from wherever it was dripping. I don't know who he is so I invited him into my home. Would a psycho murderer be carrying plastic tubing? I think not. He wanted to work on the one AC which I have used least, so I don't know that it was the offending drip-source but whatever. It is nice to have guests.
While I negotiate the issues with my US credit report, I am still trying to figure out who is supposed to be reviewing all sorts of my documents (that are not uploaded because the various websites don't let me upload them). I have found that my phone is not sending emails that I thought I sent. I don't know whose fault that is, but then my printer refused to print also and the website for the Ministry of Absorption and Squeegees froze up every time I tried to update my personal information. Maybe it is just a me problem. That possibility does wonders for my self confidence.
People encourage me to get out more and interact. Why would I want to do that? I get enough frustration without having to put on shoes. I should also walk to my bank and be ignored or misunderstood in person? I already have that!
So the short list of the moment:
Israel --
has the water company fully resolved all the billing issues? No.
has the ministry of absorption responded to my sending in my documents? No.
has the ministry website acknowledge my repeated attempts to update banking details? No.
has the ministry of education acknowledged my submitted licenses? No.
Is my credit card working properly yet? No.
Do I have the PIN for my card so I can use it at an ATM? No.
US --
has Experian resolved all the problems with my credit report? Dunno (nor can I as the responses can't be accessed from outside the US)
has my bank fixed details it got from Experian that were wrong? No
Have all my bank accounts been transferred properly? No.
Has Verizon contacted me to discuss why their system isn't working properly? No.
Free floating (Israel):
Do I know when I'm getting my stuff, and how much extra it will cost me? No.
Do I have a clue about what I'm teaching, how or where? No.
Am I getting paid at all? No idea.
Is my AC still spitting out black stuff? Yes.
What scares me is that these are just the things I can recall off the top of my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.