Thursday, July 2, 2009

Duh

For the last time. I KNOW my shoelaces are untied. I know I might trip. I know it looks sloppy. They're MY shoes and I chose not to tie them. Telling me like it is some sort of surprise and you have an insight into my feet that I don't have is just plain insulting. Today, at CVS, some woman asked me if I thought I might trip. i said that there was more chance that my kids would intentionally trip me by stepping on my laces maliciously. Her response was that that would make sense -- she would do the same if anyone she knew was "that irresponsible." Not tying my shoes...irresponsible. How come homeschooling, homosexuality and vegetarianism are personal choices, alternative lifestyles or some other PC term for "who I am" but if I don't tie my shoe laces (the shoes are plenty tight and when I get home, I slip them off more quickly) I'm irresponsible.

My feet, my choice. Don't treat me like I am completely unaware of life below my knees.

I KNOW THEY ARE UNTIED. I CHOSE TO HAVE THEM UNTIED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.