Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bored? Games!

What is it about a particular game which appeals to me, or you. And hey, I don't even know you! I have been thinking that maybe, it is the proportion of luck to skill. I assumed, because I despise backgammon, that I didn't like games rife with luck. I mean, you can understand the game perfectly but get plagued by poor roles. That doesn't seem right. So, ok, I hate games based on dice rolls. But I like Monopoly and Risk and both of them rely on a healthy dose of luck. Then I thought about a game I like -- Othello, a game based solely on skill. Games like Mankala, Chess, and Checkers have all the plays out on the table and both players have the same chance to succeed. But I hate chess.

So I still haven't figured it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.