Saturday, August 13, 2011

posting the wall

On Friday, I decided to wander over to the Western Wall during the afternoon so I could really get in touch with the spiritual heart of my visit. I took a little bit of cash, and headed out. Well, it wasn't that simple. First I had to write down directions. I gave up when their started to be more turns than I had paper and I looked at a map. On a map it doesn't look lke a horrible walk. But a map is flat. Jeruslaem? Hills. The trip was actually uphill, both ways. Also, I tried to look all sorts of cool and no-touristy, but there must have been a sign on my back because as I got closer, the pan handlers zoomed in on me like moths to a tourist who hates moths. I hate moths. I was tapped out of cash before I got to the wall. On the way back, I tried al alternate route. It was also uphill, but at least it had no sidewalks, so I had that going for me. I made it back just in time to be out of breath for the rest of the day. We cleaned up for dinner and made shabbos. I fell asleep many times before dessert, and then again once or twice afterwards.

Today was shul in the morning, some lunch and then a nice nap. I started reading a book and then guests came by. We played with the children till shabbos was over and my feet and back have recovered from yesterday's walk.

More updates as events warrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.