Saturday, November 27, 2021

But at least I'm enjoying the ride*

 Hope you all had a restuful Shabbat. When we last left our intrepid explorer, the sun was setting in the west and the sabbath was a-pproaching. We went across the street and up in to the courtyards and found the shelter which is the home of Kol Rinah. There, there was a lovely Friday night service, led by Dayan Baruch Rubanowitz. Then a dinner of chicken and potatoes (schmaltz potatoes are a joy and these were especially joyous).

I then failed, yet again, to sleep much but I changed by strategy and decided this time to get out of bed and get dressed when I decided it was of a reasonable hour (I had not set up a clock so I had no idea what time it was). I ended up reading and studying at 6:30. Not unreasonable.

Shul was at 8:15 which left time for giving the kids back rubs, and having a nap. i find it easier to fall asleep when I'm fully dressed and in a chair than when I'm in a bed. Except on an airplane when all bets are off. Lunch was a family affair as David's parents (Sy and Sonja) and brother (Shlomo) came by. Chulent, zucchini kugel, cole slaw, salads, challah and then cookies and mousse pie for dessert. We haven't seen Shlomo in a while so it was nice catching up. I had a nice chat with Sy about life and things related to it. They left and after a bit more chatting with D and N, it was time for mincha soon followed by maariv and havdalah.

We caught a 6:30PM bus (the 31 as it came before the 6, Nomi used her Rav Kav to pay for me -- thanks Nomi!) to the malcha mall. Right to Broasters. The mall was slowly filling up and many of the visitors were 16 year olds who were smoking, spitting and carrying motorcycle helmets. We had a series of plenary and committee meetings when confronted with the menu and we endud up getting a few of everything. I may be going to eat from a bucket*

The onion rings were nothing special -- minced onions and a tempura based batter. The chicken nuggets were large and real chicken and the crunch was thinck with these ones. The wings are about the same size as the legs (those were the 3 menu items...nuggets, wings and legs) and I ordered mine regular. Eli got a bucket of spicy nuggets. They had a slightly thinner crust but the meat was juicier. The regular nuggets dipped into the spicy chili sauce were spicier than the plain spicy nuggets. File that tidbit away kids, it could just save your life if you find yourself in an incredibly rare and unlikely situation in which you have to choose the juicier chicken while a gun is held to your head.

We caught the 6 bus back (yay Nomi again) and suddenly it was late and time to sleep. Tune in tomorrow -- I have plans to challenge the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.