Tuesday, January 23, 2024

continuation rule

Just more from a brain dump. These posts are like the grab bag at the end of a party -- you might end up with a clunker, but there is also a chance that, if you go through them all, you might find a gem!

----------------------

Musical comparison/mashups for someone with time on his or her hands: 

Alanis Morrissette's "One Hand in my Pocket" and Pearl Jam's "Jeremy"

Lenny Kravitz's "Mama Said" and ZZ Top's "Cheap Sunglasses"

"Girls with Guns" by Tommy Shaw into "Machine Gun Smith" by Katrina and the Waves 


----------------------

I'm not sure if I posted this one already. If so, sorry. If not, sorry:

They say that compromise means that everyone is equally unhappy but it isn't that simple. If I'm allergic to x food and you love x food the compromise is not to have less x food. Maybe it is to unite and champion a law requiring an X free option.

-----------------------

Getting back to my NFL conspiracy, it is clear that Taylor Swift is good for the NFL. Her presence at games draws in viewers who would otherwise not watch football. Therefore, it is in the league's best interest to keep the team she roots for in the hunt for as long as possible. Therefore the story arc that the refs are encouraging has KC winning still.

-----------------------

Can someone make a TV show which combines "America's Got Talent" and "America's Most Wanted"? Maybe "America's Got the Most Wanted Talent" or something. Thanks.

-----------------------

I have been reading up on the etymology of "cider" -- the word supposedly comes from the biblical Hebrew sheichar but I'm not convinced.

-----------------------

Beatles fans and drummers, please listen carefully to "No Reply" and explain to me what Ringo is doing during the verse (it seems like 1 on the 3 and then 4 on the 2?)

----------------------

I wrote a line about George Benson's song in the last brain dump but I don't know if I got the wording right -- it is a great choice when you want to have something on while listening to music.

-----------------------

It is impossible to stay still while listening to Love Sculpture's rendition of the Sabre Dance. Impossible. And the drummer on that, Rob "Congo" Jones, has my admiration.

-----------------------

Yeah, I might be "just" an armchair quarterback, but think about that -- I've never lost a game and I had the best seat in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.