Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Being a Fan

The thing about being a fan of a team is that you make friends and enemies quickly and automatically. I watched a free game of the day on MLB network, it was Milwaukee at St. Louis. I could not have less interest in a game but I watched it because baseball so shush. The Cards were up 3 to 0 and I still couldn't work up the interest to care. But out of the corner of my eye, I saw a score for a game which has only the tiniest impact on the Mets, the collection of amateurs and ne'er-do-wells which I live and die by. Washington was beating Colorado, 8-3. I knew nothing about the game or the teams except that Washington is in the NL East so I want them to lose.

I saw the score and as knee jerk reaction I yelled, "F-- you, Colorado."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.