Thursday, May 8, 2008

The poor FLies

I have been thinking about flies -- summer is coming and I see them around and I guess I feel sort of bad. We keep saying "dropping like flies", "dropping like flies" but the thing is, the flies do that because they don't have pockets. If flies had pockets, they wouldn't drop nearly as much and wouldn't be known as the quintessenital klutzes of the natural world.

Also, I actually had a great conceit for a song using the current vernacular -- a guy writing about how he expected that when the girl he likes broke up with her current boyfriend (maybe because the singer, as a friend, recommended it) she would naturally end up with him. But instead she finds someone else. He sings "but I shot that spot".

I have learned about that phrase as the the "I called dibs" of the new generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.