Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Holiday

On this, the Star Wars holiday (and let me wish all concerned a hearty "May the Fourth be with you!") I offer a new poem dedicated to my favorite character.

Ode to TK-421

You were the first to die,
To be stripped of your shell
And used.

You were the luckiest,
To escape the eventual explosion
And confusion.

You were the only one
To have a name or any
Identity

You were innocent
Simply standing guard and
Trying to help.

Why did you join? What did you leave behind?
Did the allure of white make you feel good? Was it the call of space?

You were only known
When you were absent, but you
Will always be in our hearts.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. It's good you're putting up blog entries again - I had been wondering why you weren't at your post.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.