Sunday, January 15, 2023

Evening activity

 A quick summary of the afternoon and evening so that those of you hanging on my every move will be placated. I assume very few people really care about what I'm doing, but I write this stuff down so if someone says, "so, nu, what did you do when you were on vacation?" I can say "Learn to read, jerk." I won't, but I can.

I returned to the Ira place and realized it was so nice outside that I wanted to try the roof out in the sun. Glorious. I took many pictures and then came back downstairs. And decided that I wanted to go back to the roof and lie down in the sun. So I did. I didn't really nap much because it was already starting to get a bit breezy but I enjoyed the feeling of absolute relaxation -- no where to go, nothing to do. I like it. Eventually I came back down and sat on a chair and tried to doze there. I was equally unsuccessful, yet still very relaxed so I'm counting that as a win and you can't stop me.

Josie confabbed with her mom and we all decided that the best place to go to dinner was a dairy place right by the entrance to the beach (where I had walked earlier), so we waited until it was an appropriate time and worked our way down there. A lovely walk with a lovely young lady. She is my favorite Josie as far as I remember. If someone reminds me that I know a better Josie then that could change but I'm old, and remembering details like that smacks of effort so I'll pass. We went to Jony Forno. That's what it is called. They had personal pizzas (but no business pizzas...strange), pasta dishes and other things that combined tomato sauce, starch and cheese. I ordered rice balls with a cream sauce and we shared them. Yum. Then each of us ordered a margharita pizza -- mine with mushrooms and hers with kalamata olives (gross) and jalapeno peppers (ow). She got a seltzer and I got a diet Sprite and then a glass of Chenin Blanc. We both put red pepper flakes on our respective pizzas so if you had money on that, you win. We came, we saw, we ate. Along the way, we chatted about life and family and pizza. It was excceding pleasant, our waiter was nice, the ambience was great. I recommend the restaurant; it has a good beat and you can dance to it. The prices were reasonable as well.

For dessert, we went to Tony, an ice cream place. I shy away from desserts in Israel because of my nut allergies. Anything with chocolate probably has nuts and they aren't especially careful about cross contamination, so I eat double main courses and skip the sugar. But this time we spoke with the employees abouhey gave us an honest accounting of the flavors with nuts (the coffee ice cream had nuts...who knew? They did. Ha!). I opted for the Cream Caramel in a cone because I find alliteration delicious. There had been a freezer problem earlier so it played out almost like soft serve and tasted great. Josie got some fruity sherbert thing. I didn't approve but she was not intimidated. She had already ordered seltzer and kalamata olives so clearly she was going to get whatever she wanted, regardless of the gross factor.  Josie also struck a conversation with a new Olah who was working in the store (she is from Canada) so that was nice. We walked and ate and made it back to the apartment in record time (the fastest time the two of us returned after eating ice cream in the winter on a Sunday night).

Tomorrow, I may wade through the local shuk and see what else I don't need, then swing by the mall and have coffee at Aroma instead of Roladin, grade papers and then come back to go out to a meal with Brian! Jam packed, my days are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.