Sunday, March 3, 2024

Morning miscellany

1. Hunger approached him and he considered rising to it and getting something to eat. He knew had to be careful in his choice of choices -- nothing too spicy. His intestinal system had made that clear when it made its feelings known for the entire length of a very uncomfortable night. I knew I should keep my spicy down to the level of a carrot, but not one of them spicy carrots, neither.

2. Admittedly, I'm still getting over that Bruce Boxleitner is a lefty.

3. I wonder what the largest amount of meat I can get on one hamburger order at each fast food place would be. Like a double double, third pounder double or whatever.

4. Idea for a story: a guy falls in love with a woman and later discovers she has an identical twin. Hilarity, romance, murder and other assorted hijinks ensue.

5. I have not yet encountered anybody who uses the film-based social media platform "Letterbox" who actually knows why the word "letterbox" has any relevance to film. And when I try to explain it, no one believes me.

6. I watched the movie "The Forbidden Kingdom" last night. It was very enjoyable but I'm not fully clear on the exact mechanism of some of the events which were purported to have occurred. I feel that some of the forensics should be re-evaluated and some of the witness statements, reconsidered.

I did like the movie. I have never before really appreciated the names of and uses for the different styles within each martial art -- the choice of a useful style and how each focuses on a strength and approach of the animal. It was actually very neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.