Sunday, March 31, 2024

This Last Night in Baseball Week Tonight

I watched a baseball game last night. Yankees vs. Astros. Neither team I am interested in but a game is a game so I watched. First off, it seems that the Yankees have continued their practice of selling their collective souls to the devil in return for success. Nothing surprising there.

I was listening to the commentator guy talk and it seemed like I was listening to Irwin Fletcher who somehow faked his way into the on-air booth and was calling the game with his usual panache and "making it up as I go along" attitude. He spoke at length about how the Astros pitcher was "basically unhittable" and then the pitcher gave up 2 home runs and a walk. After the second home run and an awkward pause, the guy said "but, yeah, when he doesn't open up his shoulder and keeps his release point in the middle of his body, he's basically unhittable then." He then proceeded to explain the pitcher's motion with the conviction of Bart Simpson saying "turn the middle side topwise."

And I'd like to close with an apology. I am sorry. I apologize to a certain ethnic group because I started assembling a potentially racist joke in my head. It was wrong of me to try and craft something referencing the Houston, Texas team playing the New York team and including something about "busloads of fans headed to New York." I am so, so sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.