Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Gone to the Movies

Today was the day we went to MGM Grand/Disney Studios. This had all the earmarks of a wonderful day. Then we got to the park.

Funny thing about the park. It doesn't have that much to do. But at least to compensate, the wait for each show (not ride, show) is excessively long. Now you have to remember -- I don't like shows so this did not hold too much promise. And when the center piece promised to be an outdoor pep rally for High School musical (outdoors...98 degrees and humid...no shade...lots of crowding around so we could see the Up With Everything teenagers glisten in the midday sun) I got even more desperate. On the plus side, the first show was cancelled. This gave us a chance to wander around looking for something to do as we missed the tart time of each show we went looking for. Eventually, we had a chance to see a number of musical productions. We traveled all that time and all those miles so I could watch versions of movies that I've seen very often at home. Makes perfect sense. I saw the Little Mermaid live (at least it only took 10 minutes), then we went on the Star Wars presentation/ride (to appease the geek in me) and the Muppet Show show (for the child in me). We also saw an extreme driving show, a Raiders of the Lost Ark stunt show, a small ride through the movies and we toured a variety of gift shops. We also bought lots of water and ice cream.

And to make the day complete, right after we got back to the hotel I was able to see the space shuttle launch from a distance. That made the entire thing worthwhile.

With no kids, MGM has some promise. With kids, I would have been better off staying home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.