Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'mold [sick]

I have been doing some math this morning. That's a bad way to start a day or a week -- with math. But a thought popped in to my head and it required math. So, I foolishly did some math.

I have been teaching high school for about 18 years now. Five years at the first job, seven at the second, and now, I'm in year 6 (I think) at my current job. That's around 18. A student of mine who was a senior in my first year of teaching, had he gone straight to college and gotten married at the close of college (4 years later) and knocked up the missus immediately would have a child in the range of 13 years old right now. So this kid might start high school next September.

Let's think about this. In September next, I could have as a student, the child of a former student. That's ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.