Friday, March 11, 2011

On Time

This was the IT morning. The kids were up relatively early. They had chosen their clothes, packed their bags and even set up their lunches in advance. The house was strangely quiet -- mornings are usually characterized by a lot of yelling and rushing but not this morning. Nobody forgot anything and the transition to the car was flawless. And the commute...what a joy. I must have made every single light on the way. Though it rained, and the roads were somewhat flooded, both with water and poor drivers, both seemingly parted as I approached, leaving me a road unobstructed. I turned corners with authority and had nary a car in front of me to force me to slow down. This was the morning I have been waiting for. The kids left the car smoothly and there were no others crossing the school entrance-ways to delay me. In my own parking lot, I didn't have to wait for anyone to cross, or drop off their own children.

I backed into my spot with a contented smile until I realized that all that karma paying off, all those "cosmic tumblers falling into place" (thanks, Mr. Kinsella) did nothing but get me to work earlier. All that rushing and driving, just to get me to the place that I will spend the next 8 hours waiting to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.