Thursday, December 7, 2023

I watched a couple of movies

 So one movie I saw was called The Serpent. I have no idea what it was about. It was really bad but I took some notes. I don't think the context is necessary, so I'll just transcribe the snark as it happened:

1. Yes, but they're Company hot pants so it makes sense she would wear them on an op.

2. She steals 3 cars, kills 14 men including 2 CIA agents, makes a series of phone calls and raises a child from birth to 14 years old, all in the space of a 25 minute tracking shot.

3. It was so bad, I want someone ELSE'S money back.


The other movie was the new Indiana Jones movie (the Dial of Destiny). 

There was prodigious product placement for Pan Am Airlines. I am much more aware of their brand identity now and am very interested in availing myself of their product or service.

I have about a million questions about plot. How did the bad guys know to go to Sicily? The one bad guy watched a boat move away by using binoculars. He was able to discern the direction ("they're going west not east") but that should still leave a lot of planet to cover.

The whole issue with Schmidt and Voller and the same actor playing two unrelated roles makes no sense.

Indy gets shot. He is almost dead. A few scenes later, he is doing well. Then, he is collapsing and near death. Then he gets better.


I also saw "anon" last week (a Netflix original!) It is a Gattaca based movie that looks like parts were shot in Washington Heights when no one was in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.