Monday, February 12, 2024

Super thoughts

 Last night was the SuperBowl. I watched most of it and was non-plussed. No plusses at all, I. The DunKings commercial won the commercials and there was some football also but once we accept that the game is rigged, all that is left is Ben Afleck. That's a truth.

Before the game, I sat down to watch a movie which might have been called "Rogue Assassin." I'm not sure. It might have been called "War." Here are my thoughts about that movie (did you think I was really going to waste time analyzing the football game? Feh)

First, does anyone know if there are any handguns (semi sutomatic) which use rifle sized bullets? In the movie, Jet Li's hallmark is a "titanium casing with depleted uranium bullets" but in at least one scene, he only uses a handgun and yet Statham picks up what looks like a rifle casing which proves Li was there. Did Li plant it as a calling card? Do some hanguns use much larger (rifle) bullets?

On the whole, I found the movie very, very confusing. I mean, it is exactly my kind of movie except for the part where I have no idea what is going on. I'm not talking about the plot twists; I'm talking about keeping track of the characters from the very beginning. I also don't know the difference between the Yakuza and the Triads. Traditional schooling has failed me yet again.

At a certain point, there is a fight scene in which the characters appear to be using hammers and pushing barrels, like a scene from Donkey Kong. 

OK, enough of that. Then I watched some scenes from the Old Grey Whistle Test, specifically, a performance by then-not-bald Billy Joel. I watched a performance of Miami 2017. Man, I can't wait for it to be 2017 and all that stuff to happen. Should be epic.

Then a video by Krokus ("Screaming in the Night"). Oh my god -- it is like every 80's hair band stereotype rolled into one mediocre song. Hard to watch, hard to turn off. Like the 80's, themselves!

I have more thoughts but I shall scatter them around so as to share the wealth of my inanity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.