Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Much is amiss

I miss my parents. I guess I'm allowed because they are currently not here but I really do miss them. One thing that reminds me of how much I miss them is when I need advice. Which is always. I didn't generally go to them and formally ask for pearls of wisdom, but I valued their opinions and statements because I respected their process, their approach and their values. They got me or, when they didn't, they knew to listen until they did. There are fewer and fewer people I can go to for that mind of understanding. There are fewer and fewer people whose imput I can esteem as highly. Fewer I want to emulate and fewer whose input is a valuable piece to help in my dealings with the world.

I miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.