Thursday, February 1, 2024

What just happened


I just watched a movie. Don't ask me what it was called -- I don't remember the title and I think that that's my point.

This movie was instantly forgetable. I mean INSTANTLY. Not being facetious here (or, as the young people say, "not gonna lie" or even "I poop you not"...those young people, so lyrical), it was literally, as soon as the credits began, gone from my memory. I couldn't recall any thing at all about it -- any aspect of plot, character names or behaviors or lines; nothing. It was a black hole in my memory that appeared the instant the memory was created.

Was this a defense mechanism by my brain to protect me from reliving a truly horrible move? I think not as I have seen, and remembered movies that were way worse. Or at least somewhat worse...as my memory starts to seep back, I recall that this was, in fact, a pretty bad movie. Maybe it was such fluff that it failed to make any recordable impact on my psyche so it left no impression to become memory. But I recall movies by The Asylum with more detail than this movie.

I looked it up -- it was called Spy Intervention and reading the summary to try and refresh myself, I can absolutely confirm that it wasn't a very good movie. It had some parts that were really, really (really) weird. But was it the worst movie I have ever seen? Certainly not.

It just wasn't good. That, I now remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.