Friday, April 12, 2024

The Beekeeper, A review

I watched The Beekeeper last night. Jason Statham gets angry and people get dead. it's what I paid for so, yay.

I really did like the movie. At points, I would say I really liked it and there was a scene or two that shone and the whole movie, even with its unevenness was riding strong score until the last 10 minutes when the story telling, already muddy and confused at times, went off the rails and the plot holes became too big to ignore. A movie that felt so very satisfying the whole way through sold its soul too many times and suddenly it was just a mess. The dialogue remained crisp and often entertaining and the acting was surprisingly mature for a movie of this genre, but there was too much unexplained and too many gaps of logic. It became confused at the end even though its watchword all along had been clarity of purpose and message. The plot became almost too stripped down and efficient so that everything wraps up with no denoument.

I give it an 81 but with a bit of revision, an A grade is still within reach for an improved draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.