Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The O's Own Park

 I caught another Orioles' game last night. Just a few notes and reflections:

They have this second baseman (I think...maybe shortstop?) names Jackson Holliday. Jackson Holliday looks to be about 9 years old. His bio says he is 20 and was the top pick in the 2022 draft. I say, 9 years old


Next, and I have mentioned this to people already after watching another game -- that Gunnar Henderson is really good. With his 1880's rugged good looks and the name Gunnar, he could certainly be the next big thing.

The game was on MASN which is the sports network of I'm not sure what, but they carry Baltimore games so I assume that MA stands for "Baltimore." Their two guys in the booth give off an odd couple vibe, both very weird. Maybe this is a function of a smaller market or maybe these two guys have just crafted a niche of "weirdos" and that works for them.

One of the guys said that by winning a game, Baltimore continues its streak of not being swept in a series. That's a rather esoteric statistic but it brought me to wonder "what counts as a series?" Some serieseseses are 3 games long and some 4. But there are also 2 game serieseses -- do those count? What about if a game is rescheduled for September to make up for a rain-out. That becomes (though linguistically illogical) a one-game series. So as statistics go, I wish this one would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.