Monday, April 1, 2024

No filter

I live in a very nice apartment. I have been in this place, with its covered garage parking, in-unit laundry, double sink, walk in closet for about 7 months, on my own, an army of me. I am proving that my walk is as big as my talk and I'm making the life I kept moaning about not having and not having had a chance to have. So I moved in, solo, set it up solo and live there solo. As one of life's little tasks is laundry I make time in my weekly routine of tidy to do a wash or two. 

I enjoy doing laundry and am pretty much an expert and an exacting one. I get to the clothes in a timely fashion, not that anyone else is rushing me in order to get to the machine. I fold it and put it away and keep track of my supplies so I'm not caught short at the next wash. And I always clean the lint filter, usually even before I have emptied the clothes out of the dryer. . I put the detergent back, close the box of anti-static sheets and leave the area as clean as when I arrived.

So yesterday, I opened the dryer in order to move the recently washed pants to it and I automatically checked the filter to make sure it had been cleared. Then I thought to myself, I ALWAYS clean the filter after I use it -- why would I have to check before using it? Who else is using the machine who might have left it uncleaned? But I check, anyway.

And that is today's episode of "crazy little things called Dan"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.