Wednesday, November 29, 2023

A Note to the NFL!

 

I know your game. I'm on to you.


Your plan is to have Tony Romo question the officiating and everything else in the game so that I think "this all must be real and unscripted because otherwise, why would they have one of their major commentators questioning it all?"

Well I'm not biting.

Yes, I like Tony Romo. Yes, I know that sometimes he comes off as an arrogant know-it-all. I also know that he is confirming my theory by asking all those questions! He's just proving that he had different expectations and that he sees the officials as pushing things in the "wrong" direction.

The commentators pointed out that the Bills had been penalized 9 times to the Eagles' once (while they were discussing non-calls and errors in officiating) thereby showing the attempt in the officiating to limit the success of the Bills. The Bills, though, persevered and made it through all the suspect officiating.

Then they missed a field goal. Sigh. The officials win again.

A few plays later, there was a fumble. Chaos ensues on the field but the guy in the booth with Romo (is it Jim Nance?) announced that the Bills had possession even before there was any call on the field. How could he know?

I think we all know the answer to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.