Friday, November 24, 2023

Strategy


"But coach," Mackey piped up, "what if they say something that hurts my feelings? Can I be mean back?"

The coach stopped and his face took on an odd cast. It cleared quickly and he smiled and said, "No. There is no excusing it from anyone. How's about this - when he says 'Hey punk' to try and make you feel small, say, 'Hey balloon!" and walk away.

Mackey looked confused.

"He'll be as confused as you are now." The coach explained. "That should keep him distracted for a play or two. Then he'll try to get your attention; that means you control him. Ignore him a little and eventually, if he tries to get your attention, say 'What, balloon?' Keep it up and when he is good and angry and asks 'Why do you keep calling me balloon? Why balloon?' you look at him all nice and say 'Because you are full of hot air and I'm gonna pop you every change I get.' Walk away."

"Now he'll be enraged and that's when he'll make a mistake. That's when you win the battle that gives you the better chance at winning the war."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and understand that no matter what you type, I still think you are a robot.